About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Monday 4 November 2013

Isobel Hall Book Workshop

It is nearly a fortnight since we did the workshop with Isobel, doesn't time fly.  Sorry I have been so long posting the blog but it was half term and my daughter and I have been dashing around and I have bought a new car!  We went to Salt's Mill and saw the exhibition there which was wonderful, as everyone else who had been had already told me.  As we were in Bradford we also visited Bombay Stores and my daughter bought some lovely fabrics which we have made into cushion covers.

So, back to the workshop.  It was a very hectic day to fit everything in but we really enjoyed it.  It is good to see how different products work and react with each other.  Most people were saying things like 'I like this, I think I will buy some' or alternatively 'I don't think I would use this again'.  Isobel also gave us a talk about paper and its different qualities which was very useful.  I have got my brother-in-law roped in to making me a frame for book binding.

Below are some of the work that was done with Isobel.  We are now looking forward to the vessels workshop in November.







Here are two that were finished by the end of the week.  The one on the left is done with pastel crayons covered in mod podge gloss and highlighted with encaustic wax in gold.  The dark strip is the same paper as the background but painted with Tim Holz alcohol ink in Aubergine (I think).

No comments:

Post a Comment