Firstly, we dyed pieces of an old pink wool blanket using just vinegar and water.
I photographed mine so I would be able to recognise the button when they all came out of the pans.
Next we did two long strips of wallpaper lining paper and four small squares of another paper which may have been tyvek but Jane wasn't too sure about that. These were mordanted with an iron solution of ferrous sulphate. Again I photographed my roll before putting it in the pot.
We had placed one piece of paper over the top of the other with the leaves between and got two copies of the same arrangement.
Next we did a length of cotton fabric with kitchen roll over the top. This was dyed with an alum mordant.
Some of the darker images didn't photograph so well because of the shadows in the hall. Next we did watercolour paper with a vinegar mordant. We each did 12 squares of these with two images of each leaf.
Our last pieces were 12 pieces of cartridge paper and no mordant was used. Everything was timed so that the last pieces went into the pot as the first pieces were ready to come out. A really great day, can't recommend it enough.