About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Sunday 22 May 2022

Sunday 22nd May

 I have just noticed that I didn't do the blog in April, my memory is fading fast.  I will just post the photographs that I took last month.

I can't remember whose this was but I think it was a sample piece of a tree

I know this is Roma's work making a collage interpretation of the picture above.

Ann is using up old threads and canvas.

This month we had a wonderful workshop with Nikki Parmenter.  I had told her that we were working towards a Medieval theme for our next exhibition and she worked out a series of designs for us to do inspired by the pictures in a book of Bestiary. We had a great time working with paint, paper and stitch to create a set of weird and wonderful animals.  Looking forward to maybe doing another workshop with Nikki next year.
This I know is Liz's as I did the same picture. Please excuse my feet.

Not sure who did this one.

A selection on some of the work done.

I know the hedghogs was Roma's as she was the only one doing that design.






No comments:

Post a Comment