About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 11 February 2021

Thursday 11th February

 A gloriously sunny day, I shall be going out for a walk shortly.  A very quiet week, not been anywhere and only done fairly short walks and got caught in snow showers on most of them.

This week Roma has been working on a virtual Quilt with Dionne Swift.  The yellow centre signifies the light at the end of the tunnel!  She has used fabrics from the African Fabric Shop which are gorgeous.


Cath has also been doing a course, this time with Anne Brookes.  It is on UTube if you want to look.
They are doing 52 luggage labels, one per week and Cath says they take her about an hour to do.



I decided to do one of Anne Brookes other ideas which is to make a book that fits in a tin.  I didn't have a tin but I do have a little box I made years ago that isn't doing anything and has a little landscape of the sea inside the lid.  My book is a series of seascapes using only pieces from my bit box.  I have got the fabrics laid out now and have got to start on the stitching when I get the chance.



Not sure how I will finish this, either as a concertina book or I might cut each one out and attach them to pages.

I did splash out this week and buy some lovely beads and bits and pieces from the African Fabric Shop.  I don't think their prices are too bad as the goods are quality and the postage is sensible.



No comments:

Post a Comment