About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 4 February 2021

Thursday 4th February

 What miserable weather this week.  I have managed to keep busy and am actually doing stitching during the day.  I have always considered hand stitching as something you do in the evening, maybe because that was the only time I had when I was at work.  Anyway, doing the online course with Mary Sleigh has given me permission to do some during the day.

This is some work I have done for the workshop which was using colours with a calming feeling.  I'm not sure these colours are calming but I enjoyed using them.


I have finally got round to doing my chain stitch samples and have really enjoyed doing them.  Took me a few attempts to get some of the stitches right but it was really good to be reminded of how nice they are.


Meanwhile, Roma has joined the TextileArtists.org Stitch Club and she has sent me these lovely pictures of some of the work she has been doing.



Has anyone else resorted to online workshops to keep them going?  Dionne Swift has some that are a zoom meeting for about an hour and a half and consist of working on a project that she sends to you in the post with all the things that you need to complete it.  Ann Brookes has a weekly video on youTube which is making a tiny piece of work to fit onto a gift tag, there will be 52 by the time she finishes it!
Looking forward to some better weather forcast for tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment