About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 14 May 2020

Thursday 14th May

Today I met my daughter for the first time in seven weeks.  She came through to my house and we went for a 4 mile walk up onto the farmland above the village.  Saw 5 people on bikes and three people walking in all that time, then we came back to my house and sat on the front drive with a cup of tea and piece of cake.  Lindsay sat very near the pavement and would you believe a police car drove by, haven't seen one on the estate since the lock down began.  They didn't stop but I was prepared to bribe them with cake.
We had cake because I got FLOUR at Morrison's this week.  Who know that would be exciting.  Because I now have plenty of plain flour I decided to have a go at printing on fabric using a flour paste.  I had hoped to show you the finished piece but it took longer than I expected to dry so I haven't finished it yet.  Will show you next week and explain how to do it.
I haven't got many photo's this week, no one has sent any in and I have been putting together my stitch book so the pictures are the same as last week.  However, Lindsay has been busy and finished her large lap quilt.  She says it is big enough to cover her from waist to floor and wrap right round her legs.

You can't really see the edge but it is strips of fabric from the pieces in the middle, the back is the same as the border and she has quilted it with wavy lines from top to bottom.  The background is a very dark blue batik.
So, keep sending me pictures and keep stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment