About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 7 May 2020

Thursday again!

Don't know about you but the days are flying by and yet the weeks seem endless, a distortion of time/
Suzanne has been busy and sent me this photo of her stitch project.  She likes to use vintage fabrics and this looks lovely.
What a lovely way to use a number of stitches.  If you are interested in doing something like this Anne Brooke is doing a 'Sew for the Soul' challenge which she started in January and is adding ideas to put into your pieces of work each month. You end up with a long, narrow piece of stitching which you have added to each time you decide to do a little piece.  There is a video on uTube showing what people from around the world have done.  Google Anne Brooke then click on the button form 2020 project and then the link to the video.

I have been doing some work on my Anne Bronte piece.  Think I would like to highlight the lighthouse on the pier but don't want to spoil it.
I might have gone a bit overboard with the grasses but I can pull a few out if I decide to do that.  So glad that Roma thinks it looks like Whitby pier too.


I bought these Ikat fabrics at last years Embroiderers' Guild Regional Day and have been planning a new table runner with them for quite a while.  Yesterday I decided to cut them out and piece up the small squares.  Now I need some fabric for sashing, borders and backing so am stuck until the fabric shop opens again.  I tried the brown fabric to see if that sort of colour would be suitable but I think it needs something lighter.
I have also started to mount my stitch samples into a book.  I have been painting and decorating the book pages every time I have got the paints out and now feel I have enough to make a start putting in the stitched pieces.  I have started with the running stitch because I want to do a couple more for the cross stitch and couching.  These are good pieces to do when watching TV.

I think that is all for this week.  Keep safe and keep stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment