About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 18 June 2020

Thursday 18th June

Not very June weather looking out of my window at the pouring rain, still the garden looks happy.  Hope it eases off a bit before I go out to pick some rocket for my tea.
I have started working on my blanket stitch this week.  Not done much yet but a start has been made.  I am now going to leave the Africa work and maybe do a piece inspired by the photographs I took in India.  I need at least one new piece for the exhibition in November at the gallery in St. John's Road.  The picture framer there, Alex, is open again if you have work you want framing.
I haven't much to tell you this week as a jigsaw has occupied all my spare time.  It is about the hardest one I have ever done, a photomosaic of the Beatles and I wish I hadn't started it but just can't leave it now.
Roma has been much more focused and has sent these pictures of her blanket stitch pieces, done while watching TV.


I have finished some work on my Africa piece that I had started.
I am not sure where to take this now. I think I might make it into a hanging with lots of cords and beads hanging down the sides.  I'm not happy with the printed piece on the right, it feels a bit big in comparison to the rest of the pieces.  It will hang on the back of the settee for a while so I can think about it.
Keep the work coming in, I love to see what you are doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment