About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 4 June 2020

Thursday 4th June

Who would have thought that we would still be socially distancing in June, this seems to be going on forever.  I forgot it was Thursday and nearly didn't do this update.  My sister and her husband and Lindsay came round at lunchtime and we sat on the drive under the car port with our sandwiches and had a good chat. The garden is looking happier now we have had a bit of rain.  It always looks disappointed with my watering even though it is rainwater and I give it plenty.
I haven't got anything of my own work to show this week.  I am working on another Africa piece and have been crawling on the floor putting fabrics together and trying them out.  I have now got an arrangement I like but I can't move it off the floor until I have got the pieces attached to each other as I don't want to loose the arrangement.  Should have it ready for next week. I have also bought another book, this one is by John Gillow and is full of lovely pictures of African fabrics.  Some of you who were members of the Embroiderers Guild when it started in Pickering may remember him coming to give us a talk at Lady Lumley's School where we had an exhibition.
However, Roma has been busy and has sent this picture of her 'Pyramids to Penguins' theme.
Some of the fabrics she has dyed herself and some are purchased.  I love the little penguins.

Has anyone found anything interesting on the internet they could share with us.  I keep looking out for things and will post them when I find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment