About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 25 June 2020

Thursday June 25th

I don't want to make you all jealous but i have a hair appointment!! Not till a week on Tuesday but at least I have something to look forward to.
It's too hot to sew, my hands get sticky and must make the fabric grubby.  I have been looking at an Indian piece and choosing some colours and shapes that I want to use.  Not done anything with all that fabric I bought, so maybe I should consider that as well.
Lesley however, has been busy printing.  She has sent me pictures of the lovely work she has done using some inexpensive acrylics she got from the Works.  I have put a picture of them in if you are interested.  The prints on fabric just need ironing to set them then they can be washed.



These prints have been done on paper.


These two prints are done on fabric.  She has used a roller and the flower in the bottom picture is alchemilla mollis.

No comments:

Post a Comment