About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Friday 31 July 2020

Friday 31st July

Sorry I am a day late but I tried to do the blog at Lindsay's and had a disagreement with her laptop so I waited until I got home today to do it on my (trusty?) desktop.  We had a lovely walk on Wednesday round by Castle Howard and Coneysthorpe and had a picnic lunch on the green in the village.  I have managed to get started on my India piece and got the machine embroidery in.
It's a bit difficult to see on the photo but it is supposed to be the Taj Mahl in a pale grey thread.

Diane has been busy doing this lovely snakes and ladders quilt for a charity supported by the patchwork shop Alice Caroline.

She has also been catching up with her blanket stitch which I have to admit I have not finished yet.


I have knit three little hats for the babies in Africa so have bought some cheap wool to make two more jumpers to match them.
Sorry this is a bit short this week but it has been very busy not doing stitch work.

No comments:

Post a Comment