About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 9 July 2020

Thursday 9th July

I have just spent a lovely day with some fellow stitchers sitting a metre apart round a table in a conservatory with the door open (a bit chilly on the feet) and we have had a lovely chat, looked at the work that we have all done over lockdown and read the books we have bought/borrowed to fill our time.  It was so good to get back to talking face to face again, you can't beat it.
I have been doing some stitching this week but it is tiny little pieces of canvas work so I will show them next week when I have three or four I can photograph together and you won't need a magnifying glass to find them.  I have also started back on the table runner I was doing, now I have got fabric for the sashing but this has been a busy week and I haven't had any day time to get on my sewing machine (always got a good excuse).
So I thought that today I would show you the work my friends have been doing - they put us all to shame.


Celia's 'Lockdown' sampler

Two more pieces by Celia, celtic work and 'Grannies Sampler'

These two pieces are Eileen's.

Thanks to both Eileen and Celia for letting me put these on our blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment