About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 2 July 2020

Thursday 2nd July

Have you all been out and about a bit more since the shops have opened.  I have had a quick wander through Next and been to B&Q but I actually don't feel I want to spend anything in them, the things that the clothes shops sell don't seem to be important anymore.  What is good is that the Sewing Centre is fully open so I have been in there today and bought some fabric to do sashing and bindings for my table runner I started weeks ago, AND I have a hair appointment for next week!!!! Currently, I look as if I have stepped out of a 1940's movie with my hair pinned back with grips and curling around my neck.  I have finally finished the jigsaw that was taking up my time so much.  It was really difficult, you can't really tell in the picture I have put up, but all  the pieces are made up of several different photographs and the picture on the box is not really any help unless you have a super strength magnifying glass.
Some years ago, when Lindsay was at Uni, I made her a little sewing bag with needles, thread, etc. in the hope that she would do any repairs required herself.  I made some canvas work pieces based on animal prints that I had seen (I can't remember the name of the embroiderer but Maureen will know who I mean) and made them into little pockets round the outside of the bag.  I have looked everywhere for my original patterns and can't find them so have borrowed the bag back and made some new patterns.  These will be tiny hangings, I can probably make three of the patterns fit into small pieces and I may do one of them with beads.  This is all putting off my India piece as I can't settle to the designing of it at the moment.

This is the jigsaw!
 You can see how small the pieces will be.  The giraffe print works OK but I must remember not to do a tiger!

No comments:

Post a Comment