About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 21 January 2021

Thursday 21st January

 What dreadful weather!  Have been stuck in for more than 2 days now and already I am getting fed up with it, I just need some fresh air.  I have been busy and made some marmalade - ten jars of it! It tastes lovely and seems to have set ok.  Have just about completed an online workshop with Mary Sleigh on Colour.  That is keeping me busy too.  The second workshop has just come through so I will be starting that soon.  A few more of you have been busy too.


Christina has done this lovely piece based on the techniques we learned a few years ago with Kathleen Laurel Sage.


Lis found this kit among her stash that was designed by Anna Francis and it has worked up really well.  She has called it the Madagascan Red House.


This is a piece of bark cloth which I have printed and stitched in the style used by the tribal peoples of Uganda. This will be a page in my African stitch book.


Lesley has done this road map of her street.  The background fabric was painted with a roller and the road and trees are painted bondaweb and gauze. Maps work well in embroidery, I have a friend who is working on a piece from her daily walk with all the trees and shrubs.

Keep the work coming, I and everyone else love to see it all.




No comments:

Post a Comment