About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Friday 29 January 2021

Friday 29th January

 Was sat watching TV last night when I suddenly realised  it was Thursday and I hadn't done the blog, so here it is one day late.

Another week with two wet days and not being able to get out much, which makes me resort to making ginger biscuits and I then have to eat them. It was lovely to go to the Farmer's Market this morning and meet two couples to talk to, all of whom have had the call for their vaccination. Who would have thought that a phone call from the doctor's surgery could get you so excited.

I haven't had any photographs this week so you will have to put up with mine.  I am doing a short series of workshops with Mary Sleigh on colour and this is my piece using a primary and a complimentary colour.


The fabric is a lovely purple colour but I couldn't get the camera to photograph it right.

This next piece is something I am working on for my African stitch book. Unfortunately I have found that my eyes start to sting after working on it for a while.  I think this may be because it has been dyed with Kola nut dye and I may be allergic to it.  I am not giving up after having got all the threads pulled out, so I will be doing the stitching a bit at a time.


My daughter bought a lovely little make up bag in China when we went there a few years ago.  Unfortunately the lining started to disintegrate but she didn't want to just throw it away, so she asked me if I could make something like an artists trading card with it.  I removed the central panel, put two layers of pelmet vilene in the middle, folded it over and then stitched round the outside. I added the tassel that was attached to the zip and so now she has something to keep to remind her of our trip.

That's all for this week.



No comments:

Post a Comment