About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 11 March 2021

Thursday 11th March

 Well I have got my hair appointment for 15th April, so not long to go now, I think I will have a ponytail by then.  The hairdresser rang me as he starts to get ready to open up. I said how wonderful it was to hear his voice!

The wind is blowing a gale outside proving that March does come in like a lion. Let's hope it goes out like a lamb.

Some of you have been very busy this last week.

Roma has been making outfits for her granddaughters doll.


Roma has also made this little fabric book using cotton organdie so that you can see both the front and the back of the stitching.  She has used the 6 stitches in our challenge and ideas from the Mary Sleigh course that she did.

Next is Susan who has been making a little needlecase for her granddaughter who at 6 years old is a budding stitcher.


Ann has been busy with these 3 pieces for the Africa project.


Stunning work Ann.  She has used Colourcraft Soft Foam Relief Paste in transparent which she applied through a stencil to create the raised design.  This was then rubbed over with Markel oil stick.  I feel a workshop coming on.
I will be getting in touch with you all soon about dates and other things going on within the group just as soon as I have finalised everything.  Should be an exciting last six months of the year.







No comments:

Post a Comment