About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 4 March 2021

Thursday 4th March

 What a change in the weather since the weekend, it is so cold again although not as bad as Tuesday and Wednesday, we have at least seen the sunshine.

What sad news that the Embroiderers' Guild are closing all their branches and going online only, due to lack of funds.  Apparently, 1500 people did not renew their subscriptions this year and as they were struggling before that, the pandemic has brought things to a head.  Still, who knows, maybe this will introduce them to a whole new generation who will bring new life to them.

I haven't had any photographs this week so I am just showing my finished African stitch book. 


I am thinking of making a bag to keep it in as I have some strip woven pieces and some lovely beads and tokens that I haven't used yet and I think I can make something good from them as soon as I have the courage to cut into them.

No comments:

Post a Comment