About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 18 March 2021

Thursday 18th March

 I got past the Ides of March ok and now we are past the equinox summer is on it's way with longer days than nights.  I am looking forward to seeing everyone in June even if it is a slightly shorter session.  There may be some new rules we have to abide by but frankly, I will put up with almost anything just to get out.  I have been doing some gardening this week which is good but it looks as though a few plants didn't survive the frost and snow.

Diane has been busy following a Block of the Month workshop with the American Quilt Museum (in America, not Bath).  They have a facebook page which she says has some amazing designs. I haven't looked yet but I think I might.




Roma has been out walking on the beach and found this lovely piece of driftwood.  I must walk with my eyes shut because I have never seen any driftwood anywhere.  She has done this piece of weaving using it as a hanging.

I too have been busy this week.  I have finished my bag for my African stitch sampler book.


The woven strips are from the African Fabric Shop as are all the beads and tokens.


This is a project I set myself of making a little book to fit into a box I made years ago.  These are eight sea views which fold into a concertina book.  However, I didn't keep an eye on stitching too close to the edge I was going to trim off and so now the book doesn't fit in the box.  I did enjoy doing it though.







No comments:

Post a Comment