About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 13 May 2021

Friday 14th May

 Lovely to see the sun out at last, have been sitting in my garden instead of working in it.  I found a new walk this week starting from West Ayton up Cockrah Road and out into the countryside.  There is a small wood to one side that was full of bluebells, they are a stunning shade of blue in the wild. My calendar is begining to look busy again and I have to remember to look at it and check what is going on.  I went swimming yesterday for the first time since last March, first my legs screamed then my arms joined in.  Can't believe how much I used to do, I certainly need to get back in practice.

Had an email from Diane this week.  She did a Quilters Guild virtual conference in April and has done some work from the workshops she attended.

First was this patchwork piece on Colour and Contrast with Caroline Gibbs.


This next one is Simple Sewing/Bolo with Rosemary Muntus.  Really nice hand stitching, something I am enjoying at the moment.


I haven't done much since last week but I have got a cushion pad and some African fabrics to get started on so if the weather isn't too good next week I may get it under way.


No comments:

Post a Comment