About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Friday 7 May 2021

Friday 7th May

 I was a bit late back yesterday to sit down and do the blog and it was a good job I hadn't already done it as I have a couple of photographs to show you.  What weather we are having, I can't remember it ever snowing in May before. I haven't done anything exciting this week, it's been too cold.  I have started stitching on one of the pieces of eco dyeing that we did a couple of years ago.

I'm afraid the colours are a bit dark, both the background and the stitiching. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet.

My friend makes her own pillowcases!  Plain cotton fabric from Boyes and these are the borders along the open edge.  They looked stunning.


She also received these two pieces of fabric from Africa where a friend currently lives.  Lots of inspiration there. I think the top one is cut back applique but the bottom one was on a courser fabric, maybe raffia cloth.
That's all for this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment