About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 10 June 2021

Thursday 10th June

 Summer seems to have arrived at last, including a terrific thunderstorm earlier in the week. The thunder rattled round for a couple of hours and the rain when it came was torrential, it completely flattened my Granny's Bonnets, I had to pick them and they are now shedding petals all over the lounge.  I had a lovely meeting up with Roma and Jackie in Whitby this week.  As usual, coffee turned into lunch but we had a good natter and put the world to rights.  I haven't done much sewing this week but I don't think I have published the pictures of the lap quilt my daughter made for a friend as a wedding present.


The patterned fabrics are two charm packs of Kaffe Fassett designs. The purple backing just rolls over onto the front edge as a binding.
That's all for now, will be in touch with the members soon about the first meeting on the 24th.


No comments:

Post a Comment