About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 17 June 2021

Thursday 17th June

 Don't know about anyone else but I have found it too hot to sew this last week.  I tried using the train this week and went to Hull for the day on Wednesday with my cousin.  The temperature was 27 degrees but felt hotter as the sun bounced off the pavement in the big square.  We found a lovely little museum dedicated to the local men who fought in the two World Wars.  All the exhibits have been donated and it is run by volunteers who are so enthusiastic it made it a pleasure to go round. I thought Scarborough town centre was dead until I saw Hull, there are so many empty shops there and a shortage of little cafes and restaurants so there is nothing to pull people in.  The train wasn't too bad, not too busy but a lot of people not wearing masks.

Disappointingly, with the extension of restrictions we can't start the group again in person but I am hoping that with weather permitting we can meet on the playing field outside the village hall and have a good old chin wag.

As I have no photos of stitch work to show you I am adding a picture of the delphiniums in my garden before the forecasted heavy rain spoils them.  They have been particularly spectacular this year.



No comments:

Post a Comment