About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 24 June 2021

Thursday 24th June

 Today was supposed to be out first meeting indoors after lockdown being lifted but lockdown wasn't lifted so we met outdoors instead.  Yesterday the forecast said it would be warm but cloudy, no mention of rain so I couldn't believe it when I woke up and it was pouring down.  It kept going until gone 9 o'clock but I kept my nerve and by the time we started to assemble it had stopped, the sun came out and we ended up complaining it was too hot. Everyone really enjoyed getting out and meeting up with like minded people, chatting and stitching it was so lovely and I was so glad we had done it.

I managed to get a few photographs of the work people were doing, a bit off key as they had to be laid across knees instead of on tables but interesting pieces non the less.


So this is Lis's lovely piece of canvas work. She doesn't yet know what she is going to do with it but the design is lovely.


Christina, I think, is working on a piece from an online workshop with Sue Stone.


Helen is killing two birds with one stone, working on an African piece for the exhibition as well as combining our stitch samples.


Diane's lovely stitch piece of a hot air balloon but I forgot to ask her what it was for but it is still lovely.
And I have finished my cushion cover using up bits of the African fabrics that I bought.  The orange stitch round the edge and in the middle is raised chain band.




No comments:

Post a Comment