About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 16 April 2020

Thursday 16th April

Can't believe we are half way through April already.  The time has flown by for me.  This is one of the jobs I was doing this week:

Sorting the bit box.!

Thanks to Roma for her comment, she gets her fabric from the africanfabricshop,  click on the comment below for the details.
I haven't done quite so much this week.  I have made some silk paper using gummy silk from Art Van Go which isn't as good as what I used to buy from Oliver Twists.  It has lumpy bits in and has dried to a crisp paper rather than a soft one.  I'll see what it's like when I stitch into it.
Iam going to make these into cards, unfortunately when I went to get my pack of blank cards I only have two left, so will have to wait until Boyes opens again to finish these off.  I can do the embroidery on them though.
I have also finished the piece I started last week using a used (and washed) face wipe.
I have stitched round the stencil shapes in gold thread on the machine but you can't really see here.

Lesley has been busy as well.  Here are some of her pieces for her stitch journal.



Lots of lovely work being done.  Looks like we will have another three weeks at least of catching up on our stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment