About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 23 April 2020

Thursday update

Don't know what happened to one of the photographs I posted last week but it seems to have disappeared.  I am having trouble uploading pictures from my camera so I will have to sort that out.  I have re-taken the picture on my phone so here is the finished piece.  You can't really see the gold stitching round the stencil but it looks OK.
Cath sent me this picture of a lovely Moroccan door that she has done using tea bag paper and machine stitching.  I love doors, I take photo's of them everywhere.
I spent some time the last couple of evenings stitching into the silk paper I made and now have six card pieces ready to mount as soon as I can get some cards to put them on.

I have also been doing something with my challenge of using something I had bought and never used.  I chose Funtex and had a go with it yesterday.  I must say, it is nothing more than fine kunin felt and I think I will file the rest away under that name. 
I painted the felt, layered up some chiffons on it in similar colours then stitched this pattern on it with machine stitching and black metalic threads.  I then zapped it with the heat gun which has made it crinkle up as it is quite a thin fabric.  Not sure how I could use this yet, I might stitch into it and maybe bed it into a thicker, softer background.
I have also finished stitching my second Africa piece based on the Hausa boubou that I did earlier.
This time I have used stronger colours and made it a bit more modern, I think!  I really enjoyed doing these two pieces but I'm not sure how to mount them yet.  
Keep stitching, I was wondering whether to change the stitch we have been doing.  Maybe next week I will send an email out.


No comments:

Post a Comment