About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 2 April 2020

Thursday blog

I am trying to update the blog every Thursday so you know when to look for something new.  I usually go to the gym of Wednesday morning so have decided to make that my messy morning at home and do printing, dyeing and anything else I can think of.  So yesterday I got my gelli plate out again and did these.




I'm quite please with some of them.  They are all done on paper, printed on both sides so I hope I don't want to use two on the same sheet.

I have also started a piece of stitching inspired by a photograph of some fabric in one of Mary Sleigh's books.  Hope to have that finished to show you next week.

A CHALLENGE.   I am sure we have all got something in our stash that we bought because it looked interesting, lovely fabric, pretty colours, etc. Some of you might like to go through your stash and pull out one of those items to do something with over the next few weeks.  I have chosen this Funtex which I have had for a few years now and not used yet.
It's a bit like a fine felt that you can paint, melt and stitch so now I have to get my thinking cap on and work out what to do with it.

I have put a link on to Skipton Embroiderers' Guild.  They had been doing some interesting things with tags before they stopped meeting.  Going for my 'Boris' walk now.








No comments:

Post a Comment