About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Saturday 17 October 2020

Saturday 17th October

 Got my computer back yesterday all up and running smoothly so far.  I was sure I was going to have to buy a new one but fortunately this one was repairable.

I will now show you the lovely pieces of work that people have done and I couldn't show last week.  These two pieces are from Lesley.

This piece has a dyed backing fabric and Lesley has used stencils on it which inspired the stitching

In this piece Lesley has used pieces from her scrap box.


Roma also sent two photos of the embellishing work she has been doing


Lovely pieces representing the coast near Whitby.

I have received another jumper from Jan to add to the 28 we have sent to Africa and I added a hat to it from some scaps of wool I had which made a complete set.


Susan has also been busy making these lovely wire birds for her garden.


I have made a start on my little piece of felt from Barbara's stash that members of TEG have received. For those not in the group, Barbara had made a pile of felted samples using different colours and techniques and there was enough to send to each member of the group for them to produce a piece of work using it in any way they wished.


No comments:

Post a Comment