About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 22 October 2020

Thursday 22nd October

 Finally my bedroom is finished after nearly 4 weeks of sleeping upstairs I now have new furniture, carpet, blinds and wall colour, very pleased!

A few of you are obviously still working away as I have had two pictures to show your.

Lis has been busy working on her piece of felt that I sent round everyone.


She is not sure if she has finished it yet but I think it looks lovely.

Lesley has been working with a piece of scrunched up paper and then taking the patterns it forms to make a piece of stitching.


This is really good practice and something different to do.

I have been working on my piece of felt as well.  This is what it looked like before I started stitching.

Then I have stitched into it with running stitches and then attached it to a piece of wool fabric that was a sample from a pattern book.

I have used each of the six stitches that the group are working on as an exercise and members of the group may be able to spot the one that they haven't done yet.  I am attaching this to the cover of my sample book.
I am now trying to get my head round thinking of things I could do during the winter months when going out to meet up with other people may not be possible.  Keep safe everyone and keep stitching.


No comments:

Post a Comment