About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 1 October 2020

Thursday 1st October

 Who would have thought when we went into lockdown on the 23rd March that we would still be here in semi lockdown in October. What a strange year.  Still, I have got the garden sorted, cleared out a number of cupboards, did a spring clean and then sat back on my laurels so now I think I need an autumn clean.  The decorator has just finished so now I have a clean bedroom and bathroom to look forward to when I have got it all sorted back together.  Having someone come in and do all the work in three days beats doing it yourself over ten days.

I have just handed over 28 sets of jumpers and hats for the babies in Africa.


Don't they look wonderful.  I have to pass on a big thank you to all the ladies who contributed, they will be much appreciated.

Sewing wise, I haven't done a lot this week. I have been catching up today with my stitch pieces using blanket/buttonhole stitch before I move on to chain stitch which is the new one we are now working on.

I now need to start thinking about doing a new piece, how exciting.  I think I might get the Africa books out again and I keep wanting to do a book to hold my mother-in-laws 21st birthday cards from 1946, so maybe I will start with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment