About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Friday 27 November 2020

Friday 27th November

 I am a bit late this week as I was clearing the last of the garden rubbish because today is our last collection until next spring.  Just think, if this had been a normal year we would have been at the Knitting and Stitching Show yesterday.  I have ordered threads online but it isn't as good as buying at the show.  I am now just looking forward to next year.  I have written all my Christmas cards this week (gold star) just the one for abroad to do.  I haven't got so many this year as some of the ones I have sent in the past few years have been to friends in choir and I don't know where they all live.

Diane has been busy with her felt piece and done this lovely piece with it.



The colours on this piece were so vibrant and the background fabric blends well.


She has also been doing her chain stitch samples.

As well as doing Christmas decorations.  You put me to shame Diane.

I did a piece for the Africa project some months ago but I wasn't happy with it, one of the pieces didn't fit so I took it off and have been working on it.  


I have decided to use the other piece as a book cover and put into it samples of work using the techniques that are used by different cultures.  This piece I have converted to represent the cut pile Kuba cloths of Central Africa, usually done on rafia cloth.  I have used a sort of velvet stitch down the three centre diamonds.


No comments:

Post a Comment