About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 19 November 2020

Thursday 19th November

 What a beautiful day, have been out this morning for a walk into the countryside and it was glorious.  Would love to go and walk by the beach but we are being encouraged to stay away from the town because of all the cases of Covid that are about.  Did a quick supermarket shop quite early and that was ok, fairly quiet and everything I wanted.

Am begining to look at my Africa work again.  I love the stitching that they do in different parts of the continent, so I am attempting a small sample book to try out different techniques. Not really got started yet so will post something next time.  

I keep thinking I ought to use this time to get my christmas cards written (ha ha).  I have made a christmas cake and christmas pudding and some tomato chutney so that part is going well. Don't know who will eat it, I could be on my own this year if we go into tier 3 after lockdown lifts.

Lesley is doing an online textile course to keep herself motivated and it seems to be working as she has done this strip weaving sample with added chain and running stitch.


Nothing much else to tell you, going now to get the brandy out and feed the pudding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment