About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Wednesday 11 November 2020

Wednesday 11th November

 I am posting this a day early because my computer is working today and I want to do as much as I can before the monitor decides it is tired and is 'going to sleep', for good it seems.  I think I shall have to bite the bullet and buy a new one when this lockdown finishes.

I think this lockdown is a bit harder than the previous one.  The fine weather in April and May made it easy to garden and I had lots of jobs to do to fill the time.  This time I haven't the urge to paint and play as I have stitching and knitting to do in the evening and don't want to add to that just yet.  I have made one christmas pudding this week, I will do a cake next week and another pudding the week after.  I also need some more of my spicy tomato chutney so will do that one day.

I have been working on my concertina book and as promised, here is a picture of the work so far.

The pages are pelmet vilene and I have made pockets on each page which I cut using a soldering iron.  I coloured the pages with transfer paints.

Roma has also been busy making these lovely christmas artist trading cards.


That's all this week, keep sending me you photos to post.


No comments:

Post a Comment