About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 5 November 2020

Thursday 5th November

 Guy Fawkes takes some burning, the fireworks have been out every evening this week, not too loud though.  I wonder what tonight will bring.  

My daughter has been following the US election as she teaches American politics and she has got me interested enough to put the TV on at breakfast time to see what was happening.  It's all a bit of a joke really, some people just can't bear not to win.

I haven't got any photo's to show you this week.  I am keeping on with my concertina book and hope to have it nearly finished by next week.  This new lock down means more time for sewing (I did all the cleaning last time)! I have been making some Christmas cards and have ordered lots of threads from Oliver Twists and Stef Francis some of which came today so I have had a lovely time sorting them out.

I am keeping up with my walk from the house out into the countryside, it's lovely to see the change of season and it is so peaceful, hardly any wind today you could almost touch the quietness. 

Keep stitching everyone, it is good for your health and wellbeing, or so they tell me - they haven't experienced a knot in the middle of a row of stitches.


No comments:

Post a Comment