About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Friday 9 April 2021

Friday 9th April

 What a cold week this has been.  Luckily my daughter chose this week to decorate her bedroom and en suite so I have been there helping out.  I have left her today to tidy up and start to move back in.  Needless to say, I have not done a lot of sewing but Roma has been busy with one of the Textile Artists workshops.



This is a landscape worked on a vilene background which you then make into a vessel to fit round a jam jar

and you make this lovely vase for your spring garden flowers.


I could have done with one of those last week when I had a few daffodils that had fallen over in the wind and I brought them in but they looked a bit lost in an ordinary vase.
I have finished my Indian man ready to put into my sample book, it just needs tidying up.
The face is not very clear in the photograph but it does stand out ok in the flesh!


No comments:

Post a Comment