About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 1 April 2021

Thursday 1st April

 Had a lovely day meeting up with friends outside supposedly stitching but it was a bit too cold for that so we just chatted and ate cake.  I haven't done a lot of stitch this week, I have been catching up with the free workshops that TextileArtists have been offering.  Sue Stone did the first one and I have been doing a piece based on a picture I have of an Indian gentleman who handles spices and his face, neck and turban were covered in red and yellow spice.  This is as far as I have got.

I now need to put in his moustache and some stitching in the fabrics.

Roma has done the same workshop and this is her piece. 
This is her late mother when she was young.

Ann followed a project I suggested to a group of friends and made a book to fit in a tin and this is what she did.
The tin is tiny as is the book and the lovely beaded lid made a real delicate piece of work.

That's it for this week, Ann has made some beautiful stuffed rabbits but when I got home I realised my camera hadn't worked so I will get her to forward me a photo for next week.  I may be posting later than Thursday next time as I will be away from home that day.





No comments:

Post a Comment