About Me

East Ayton, Scarborough, North Yorkshire
A group of ladies who enjoy traditional embroidery but who meet once a month to try some experimental work. We meet at Ayton Village Hall on the third Thursday in the month for a full day and again on the first Thursday for half a day. We currently have a waiting list of people who want to join us.

Thursday 22 April 2021

Thursday 22nd April

 Have just spent a lovely day sitting in a garden with three friends eating lots of cake and drinking tea and coffee and lunch, nothing beats it.  I did make a mistake last night putting my newly planted seeds outside for a water and then forgetting to bring them in for the night.  The pots were frozen solid this morning so i think I shall have to start all over again.  I haven't done a lot of sewing this week, finishing off the fly stitch samples and making another owl for my daughter.

Owl number two.

Roma has been much busier than me, making this lovely apple from a technique she found using four different fabrics to produce light and shade into the item.

I hope the weather is like this tomorrow as I have a garden bench to finish varnishing so that I can sit at the bottom of the garden where it gets the sun for the longest.  Keep stitching everyone.





No comments:

Post a Comment